Close Menu
TurfEpicNo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    TurfEpicNo
    • Home
    • Tech
    • News
    • Politics
    • Reviews
    • Business
    TurfEpicNo
    Home»News»Trump says ISIS second-in-command Abu Bilal al-Minuki eliminated
    News

    Trump says ISIS second-in-command Abu Bilal al-Minuki eliminated

    Hannah FergusonBy Hannah FergusonMay 16, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Trump says ISIS second-in-command Abu Bilal al-Minuki eliminated

    US President Donald Trump announced on Friday that Abu Bilal al-Minuki, described as the second-highest-ranking leader of ISIS worldwide, was killed during a joint military operation carried out by American and Nigerian forces.

    According to Trump, the mission was conducted under his direct orders and involved extensive planning and coordination between the two countries’ armed forces. In a statement shared on Truth Social, Trump said the operation successfully removed one of the world’s most dangerous terrorists from the battlefield.

    Trump stated that al-Minuki believed he could remain hidden in Africa, but intelligence sources closely monitored his activities. He praised the bravery and professionalism of both the US military and the Nigerian Armed Forces, while also thanking the Nigerian government for its cooperation throughout the operation.

    The announcement comes months after tensions between Washington and Nigeria over claims of religious persecution. Trump had previously accused Nigeria of failing to protect Christians, allegations strongly rejected by the Nigerian government. Following those accusations, the United States reportedly launched strikes on militant positions in northwestern Nigeria on Christmas Day last year.

    Nigeria later confirmed the death of Abu Bilal al-Minuki in a coordinated operation with US forces. Nigerian President Bola Tinubu described the mission as a major success against extremist groups operating in the region.

    In an official statement, Tinubu said the joint military effort dealt a significant blow to ISIS operations and demonstrated the strength of international cooperation against terrorism. Nigeria’s defence authorities also identified al-Minuki as a senior ISIS commander and one of the most active terrorists globally.

    FAQS

    Who was Abu Bilal al-Minuki?

    Abu Bilal al-Minuki was identified by US and Nigerian officials as the second in command of ISIS globally and a senior leader involved in terrorist operations.

    Which countries participated in the operation?

    The operation was jointly carried out by the United States military and the Nigerian Armed Forces.

    What did Donald Trump say about the mission?

    Donald Trump said the mission was carefully planned and successfully eliminated one of the world’s most active terrorists.

    Did Nigeria confirm the killing?

    Yes, Nigeria’s government and military officially confirmed al-Minuki’s death in a joint statement.

    Why is this operation important?

    Officials believe the operation weakens ISIS leadership and demonstrates strong international cooperation against terrorism.

    Conclusion

    The elimination of Abu Bilal al-Minuki marks a significant development in the global fight against ISIS and extremist networks operating across Africa. The successful collaboration between US and Nigerian forces highlights the growing importance of international military partnerships in combating terrorism. While officials see the operation as a major victory, security experts believe extremist threats in the region remain a serious concern, requiring continued intelligence sharing and coordinated action among allied nations.

    Hannah Ferguson
    Hannah Ferguson
    • Website

    Hannah Ferguson is the Admin of TurfEpicNo, passionate about delivering reliable world news and the latest technology insights to readers worldwide. With a strong interest in digital trends and online media, Hannah works to ensure TurfEpicNo remains a trusted platform for informative, engaging, and up-to-date content.

    Related Posts

    Trump arrives in Beijing for high-stakes meeting with Chinese President Xi

    May 16, 2026

    Iran and UAE clash at Brics foreign ministers’ meeting

    May 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Search
    Recent Posts

    Gold declines further in local, global markets

    May 16, 2026

    1500 Prize Bond Draw Result Today: Check Full Winners List 2026 Online

    May 16, 2026

    SBP expands Eidul Azha cashless payments drive to cattle markets

    May 16, 2026

    Drake: Iceman / Maid of Honour / Habibti review – ​triple-album comeback is a boring, bloated disaster

    May 16, 2026

    Punjab reviews school calendar amid concerns over long vacations

    May 16, 2026

    In the Grey review – Guy Ritchie’s bizarrely buried action caper is a blast

    May 16, 2026
    About Us

    TurfEpicNo brings you the latest world news and cutting-edge tech insights in one place. Stay updated with breaking stories, global trends,

    and smart analysis that matter most. TurfEpicNo keeps you informed, connected, and ahead with reliable news and technology updates worldwide. #TurfEpicNo

    Popular Posts

    Gold declines further in local, global markets

    May 16, 2026

    1500 Prize Bond Draw Result Today: Check Full Winners List 2026 Online

    May 16, 2026
    Contact Us

    If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to reach out to us at

    Email: tech4english@gmail. com
    Phone: +358 44 952 3404

    Address: 909 Black Stallion Road
    Lexington, KY 40507

    Copyright © 2026 | All Rights Reserved | TurfEpicNo
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Write For Us
    • Sitemap

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.